The 2015 Developmental Workshop on Open Research and Practice in Information Systems will be held on Tuesday, May 26, 2015 (prior to ECIS 2015 in Münster, Germany).
FOR THE MOST UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION ON THIS EVENT PLEASE VISIT ITS PERMANENT HOME AT http://sigopen.org/events/2015-events/2015-ecis-workshop/
This full-day workshop will provide a developmental forum for participants to discuss and develop research-in-progress investigating a wide variety of “open” phenomena and practices, such as
- the Peer Production of Knowledge Goods (e.g. open source software, hardware, content and design; the collaborative economy and the sharing society; etc.),
- Collective Intelligence, Action and Resources (e.g. open innovation; the wisdom/wealth/power of crowds; social media in extreme events; citizen science; volunteer computing; crowdsourcing/funding; etc.),
- Open Science and Education (e.g. open data/access; publishing and data management conflicts; open teaching and learning; micro-scholarship; open peer-review; etc.)
The workshop will focus on small group work, with round-table discussions of thematically linked research-in-progress, and moderated by a member of the workshop’s mentoring committee.
The emphasis will be on focused, pragmatic engagement to support researchers in solving the problems they are presently facing with the work (e.g. theory development, data analysis, communication of results, etc.) There will also be opportunities for broader discussion amongst the full group of workshop participants.
Prospective participants should:
- Send an email indicating intent to submit/proposed title to firstname.lastname@example.org by Jan 15, 2015.
- Submit an extended abstract using the ECIS 2015 template to email@example.com by Feb 15, 2015.
- The extended abstract should contain the author(s) details, title, extended abstract (500 words maximum) and references (not to exceed 1 page).
- Abstracts will be reviewed and authors will be notified of acceptance by March 15, 2015.
- Abstracts will be made available online prior to the meeting.
- Authors submitting abstracts must grant the non-exclusive right to organizers the right to publish them on the workshop website, but retain full copyright.
Letter of Intent deadline: Jan 15, 2015
Extended Abstract Submission deadline: Feb 15th, 2015
Notification of Acceptance: March 15th, 2015
Workshop Date: May 26, 2015
Joseph Feller, University College Cork, IRELAND.
Matt Germonprez, University of Nebraska at Omaha, USA